Greetings from Caboolture

TerryK

Retired Elf
That makes sense. Also a power injection TEE with a single male and 2 females would indicate power routed to both strings (I corrected the above thread post).

I re-read the thread but did not see it stated if you are using 5 or 12 Volt pixels. And then if 12 Volt either resistor or regulated pixels. If the pixels seem to be in the 35 mA range I would suspect 12 Volt resistor pixels as the 12 Volt WS2811 resistor pixels I've tested are in the 30 mA range. 5 Volt and 12 Volt regulated WS2811 pixels sit pretty close to 55 mA per pixel.
At some point you will need to decide if you will build your display to run at 100%. Quite a few individuals do; for safety and peace of mind if something goes wrong. I design to about 70/80% and build the display to be protected if something causes it to attempt higher drive levels.

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
That makes sense. Also a power injection TEE with a single male and 2 females would indicate power routed to both strings (I corrected the above thread post).

I re-read the thread but did not see it stated if you are using 5 or 12 Volt pixels. And then if 12 Volt either resistor or regulated pixels. If the pixels seem to be in the 35 mA range I would suspect 12 Volt resistor pixels as the 12 Volt WS2811 resistor pixels I've tested are in the 30 mA range. 5 Volt and 12 Volt regulated WS2811 pixels sit pretty close to 55 mA per pixel.
At some point you will need to decide if you will build your display to run at 100%. Quite a few individuals do; for safety and peace of mind if something goes wrong. I design to about 70/80% and build the display to be protected if something causes it to attempt higher drive levels.
I mistakenly built my megatree out of 5v leds, basically I'll be injecting at two ends of 150 pixels, it appears I can drive that at 100% I am leaving myself open to injecting every 5 pixels (I have water proof 2 pin plugs) and all the cabling I've got is 18 gauge, so overkill. Run that through a 10 port fuse brick with 3 amp fuses for sanity.