Greetings from Castle Rock, Colorado

taybrynn

Apprentice elf
Just wanted to say 'hi' from Castle Rock, Colorado, USA.

I am just wrapping up my 3rd year of animated lighting and 2nd year of doing two homes.

This year I had 256 channels of LOR and am primarily incan. light based and only a few things in LED.

I am interested in the DIY projects, but haven't taken the leap yet. I'm not sure I'm technical enough to
be a true DIY'r in this hobby yet.

I used to host group buys on the EDM transmitters back in 2008 and 2009 .. but haven't been doing that since and EDM seems to have at least gotten itself on the radar as a good transmitter option, which I think was part of their motivation for doing group buys for us. I felt it was a win win situation.

I may be here now and then, trying to figure out if a DIY solution makes more sense than going with say the LOR CCR, etc.

Cheers,
Scott / taybrynn

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Im sure you will be able to handle DIY as we have many members who claim their skill levels are low, but seemed to produce some great displays. The community is always willing to help and the chat room can be a very good source of finding answers as well. So feel free to post and join in the chat, there are many talented guys here that can help you in your DIY journey.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Scott

Welcome to the forum.

DIY comes in many forms, I often comment that many LOR users do more DIY things with lights and frames than the traditional DIY controller builder.

A true DIY'er is someone doing something more than just plugging in some lights, imo.

Some of the solutions offered around here are close to if not already plug and play and this opens up many options

Cheers
Phil