Greetings from Legana, Tasmania!

75van

New elf
Quick message to say hi for the first time. My name's Adam, and here's what I've got installed for this year. I've had larger static displays in the past with my own handmade nativity scene and others, but this year I've (finally) added more movement with basic controlled pixels. I've missed covering the roof like previous years, with work and weather got in the way a bit this year.

I've always wanted to have some words giving the illusion of being written like this for a while. These ones use 4x 5m 150LED silicone sleeved strips around a 3mm wire frame, held on with 200 cable ties. :) They're controlled with one of those magic dream controllers. Unfortunately they can only be used with white, as three of the strips seem to be one spec and the fourth is another spec (output colours don't match for some reason). It's a bit hard to capture properly (in the proper dark the unlit outline disappears a lot more), but the video is some idea.

I've already started scheming on how to cover the roof, door and window lines and do some real pixel driving for next year - i just need to get my order in earlier than this year!

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL

Most pixels are R (red) G (green) B (blue) order, I suspect 1 of your strips is a different colour order to the others, eg BRG.
The good thing is, when you progress to a proper controller that you can run off xLights, you can set the order in the controller and/or xLights so they all match.

Gary_S

New elf
Hi neighbour!

I'm also from Legana, I've never delved into lighting before - this year I felt like life needed brightening up a bit so I bought a string of dumb icicles from Mitre-10 and strung them to my fence, very cheery, I liked it. Next day YouTube served up a recommendation for someones Christmas Lights show (how does google know these things!) and that's it, for the past week or so I've been stuck down a light show rabbit hole. So next year I'm going to have a go at putting something together, I've got a year to do a lot of learning to do :oops:

75van

New elf
Hi neighbour!

I'm also from Legana, I've never delved into lighting before - this year I felt like life needed brightening up a bit so I bought a string of dumb icicles from Mitre-10 and strung them to my fence, very cheery, I liked it. Next day YouTube served up a recommendation for someones Christmas Lights show (how does google know these things!) and that's it, for the past week or so I've been stuck down a light show rabbit hole. So next year I'm going to have a go at putting something together, I've got a year to do a lot of learning to do :oops:
Haha - I started in much the same way; I bought one set of LED lights one year, and kept on buying/building each year since! Maybe we'll have to sync our two houses once we get into some real animation!

Snowy

Phil
Hi Adam Welcome

I have a display running at Perth on the main road if you want to pop out to have a look and a chat you are more than welcome too , my display will be running till new years day . 79473401_10156879940547666_5413047549160325120_o.jpg