Greetings from San Diego California

Warrant2000

New elf
Hello everyone, glad to come across your board.

Long time decker, first time trying my hand at RGB's. I plan on going computerized next year (2012 and before the end of the world), and Wifeypoo has agreed to a Light-o-Rama system.

This year I've bought a RGB strip (the kind you can cut every few inches), but don't know how to set it up for a controllable display. I'm looking to get down to the pixel.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Warrant, Welcome to ACL.
RGB is very exciting to get into and does take your display to the next level. As far as pixels are concerned LOR can only offer CCR's at present but word is that may change and give everyone some more options.

There is lots of reading and info in here to look at and you are always most welcome to pop into chat and ask any questions you like.

Best of luck

Bird

LOR user
Welcome to ACL Warrant.
Cincinnati resident here.
Second year LOR user, first year with CCR's.
If I read correctly, you have not had LOR in the past. Did you purchase LOR's S3 & Superstar software. Without it you wont be able to do much with the CCR and its controller.
The CCR should have came with a controller, which as long as you keep all the cut pieces correctly connected to each other the one controller will work.

Lots of info here in the forums, Wiki and chat. It may seem like an overload at first, but easy to catch on with LOR. :)

Lots of folks here are heavy into DIY, saves money, but a little slower to pick up on.

Bird

LOR user
Another quick word of warning if you don't know this already.
Printed circuit boards are usually hard, therefore flexible circuit boards (CCR's) need a good measure of TLC.