3.x Grid, Matrix, Array in Vixen

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
As far as I can tell Vixen 3 builds an array with Row1 Column 1 in the bottom left hand corner and works across and up. I find this counter intuitive and have constructed my array with Pixel 1 in the top left hand corner. You can reverse this logically in the controller, I can't see another option.

Is there something I'm missing or does everybody build their arrays bottom up?

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Thats a good question, the same goes for mega trees.
Is there a way of setting up your tree in Vixen to go up down up down?
I know it can be done in the controller but as Ive already got numerous sequences from LSP that are configured for up down I dont want to have to change them.

Thought Id just tag on the end as its a similar problem :D

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
You get to configure columns first or rows first or a grid. Have not got a mega tree to test it. I guess the mega tree would have first pixel at bottom left. Makes sense. The array is just a square megatree.

battle79

Full time elf
You can either do it in the patching within vixen or in the controllers.

The actual way the element is laid out in vixen has no bearing on how you need to construct it.

Within vixen, you just have to patch each row one at a time (clicking reverse if required) rather then doing it all in one hit.

Cheers,
Rowan

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Yes, I configured the universes in reverse to outputs in the P12 and ran the rows the wrong order in effects, and remembered to wire the next array from the bottom left corner!

damo1271

Full time elf
battle79 said:
Within vixen, you just have to patch each row one at a time (clicking reverse if required) rather then doing it all in one hit.

With Vixen 3 you select the items to be patched in reverse order, ie from bottom up, then patch. I found that clicking the reverse swaps the colours, not the patch order.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
damo1271 said:
battle79 said:

With Vixen 3 you select the items to be patched in reverse order, ie from bottom up, then patch. I found that clicking the reverse swaps the colours, not the patch order.

Cool, thanks for that, I can confirm you need to select the element patches in reverse order and then patch to outputs. Selecting reverse does just that, It reverses the order of the pixel but instead of the pixel being RGB they become BGR.
Now my tree is patched correctly :D