GUDDAY E1

pokietech34331

New elf
:) Hi all. My name is David, I live in Kingaroy QLD and love xmas lighting. I have currently 112 channels of LOR lighting. This includes a mega tree 6meters high and 4 arches, 16 mini trees and loads of home made wireframes. Last year i had 4 modules blown up by a power surge through the rj45 connectors. LOR kindly replaced 2 of them and i bought another 2 to replace the buggered ones. Thank you to LOR who I thought were very kind to do that. This year I have no idea what to do yet and it is soooo close to xmas! I hope you all have great fun with your lights and we can all help each other out when needed. I have found that these communities are so great and can be very informative.
Hope I havn't rambled too much
Cheers
David ;)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
A very warm welcome David, glad you joined and we hope that you get a load of info from here as we love to help and please put in your 2 dollars woth as well, it all helps

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
David

A warm welcome from me as well.. ramble, not at all, it's good to read information like that. Pleased that LOR was kind to you.

Seeing as you have already shown off, it's likely redundant to say feel free to contribute anytime :)

Have fun and cheers
Phil

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Hi David and welcome to another forum.

Nice seeing familiar faces as well as new ones. Hope your preparations and display go well without any dramas, although I am sure we probably all learn more from the dramas than when everything is smooth sailing.

Best wishes

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
smartalec said:
I have to ask, how on earth did you get a power surge on the rj45 line?
an any pic's of the blown up boards?
alec

pokietech34331 said:
Last year i had 4 modules blown up by a power surge through the rj45 connectors. LOR kindly replaced 2 of them and i bought another 2 to replace the buggered ones. Thank you to LOR who I thought were very kind to do that.
Cheers
David ;)

It must have been cane toads ::)

pokietech34331

New elf
smartalec said:
I have to ask, how on earth did you get a power surge on the rj45 line?
an any pic's of the blown up boards?
alec

pokietech34331 said:
Last year i had 4 modules blown up by a power surge through the rj45 connectors. LOR kindly replaced 2 of them and i bought another 2 to replace the buggered ones. Thank you to LOR who I thought were very kind to do that.
Cheers
David ;)
I think the spike came through the lor pc as the com port 485 adaptor was shot as well,in turn daisy chained down the cat 5 line to different modules.And also a huge thank you to Andrew from Oxley in Brisvagas for loaning a new adaptor to me while the other one was shipped from U.S This makes me wonder if the wireless adapters are a good thing to have or was it just a fluke?!! Sorry no pix I did some fault finding and found that the 485 ic and main pic ic were shot.
cheers
David

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Interesting i blew a pair of RS485 IC's last year, connected positive power before the ground, instant path to ground via CAT5 to the next live control, up went 2 IC

Cheers
Phil