Gutted

Habbosrus

Back again
Well, I knew things seemed to be going too smoothly. Just when things are going well (struggling with funds, but getting there slowly) , plans for this years show were looking good, matrix has just been built over the weekend, sequencing was looking good, I'd linked up up with the Starlight Children's Foundation to hopefully raise funds during the show this year. I was on a high yesterday morning. I was really happy about the family getting in and helping and the joy I felt at being able to bring smiles to those in my community later in the year.
Well, the property manager rang yesterday and said that the owners of the house we are renting were so impressed with the house and loved the Xmas light show the past 2 years, that they've decided to ask us to leave so they can move in :( :( :(
At this point it looks like no more Caves Christmas

mborg10

Michael Borg
Just think the new place you go to will have such unique architectural features it will make for an even better Christmas LightShow.

Sucks that you have to move but every cloud has a silver lining.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'd be gutted too in fact I'm gutted for you.
Because they loved the light show and now you're going to have to relocate you'd better ask the 1 who wants to move in if he's willing to buy the show off you. It will come with pre-packaged crowds.

gerry

Senior elf
Bummer ,

I hope that you find another place that suits you , your family and that you can also run a Christmas light show.
I hope that you have a substantial/max amount of time (as per rules in your state) to find another suitable place.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Been said but I will say it BUMMER. I would be hard pressed to find a place to rent that has a double basement garage for my workshop and storage so my thoughts are with you and hope it all works out.

B_P_J

Full time elf
Mate really sorry to hear, not what you need this time of year with all the work you have been doing, hopefully you can find an even bigger and better canvas real soon, maybe closer to me and Jeff, Central Coast is calling you, lol
Good luck with the looking, Caves Beach is going to miss you if you move from there...

Habbosrus

Back again
Sorry for being a downer everyone. I normally try to see positives whenever I can and believe me, I've had many opportunities in life where I've had to search hard. Sometimes it's hard to lift your chin time after time, but ya just gotta pull your head in (or out of a dark place ;) ). There's been a number of other things going on recently that have tried my patience and this latest thing just got to me.

With any luck we'll find something close by. If not, a new suburb will get a little light show at some stage. If not this year, then I have a head start on next year. If I don't do something this year, I might get a chance to visit some of my friends from ACL and see their shows. I've basically made all the elements for my show (only cabling, etc. to do), so I'm going to continue sequencing for now. Who knows, I may be able adapt it for a new canvas easily and quickly.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
never a downer you will find a nice place to hang stuff from to make a show the hardest part is moving , you already have a show i am sure you will make it with a display this year even if it is only the ground elements keep your chin up all will be good

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
I would'nt say moving is a bad thing.. (had to do it the last 4years, an this is my 6th year doing lights)

Think of it as a "New Blank Canvas", "New Neighbours to anoy", "frustrating for the regulars till they find you again".

Just means you better start house hunting, an try an find one that can do future light dreams.
Its certainly not the end of the world..

Altho you could sell your show to them with a big profit behind it (moving costs you know)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Sorry to hear your plans for this Xmas are being scuttled. But I do like Alec's idea that a new place will mean it's a new blank canvas on which to create your lighting magic.

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
I wouldn't get too down on this Habbo!
Sounds like you have the props and a huge head start on the sequencing already done.
It is still early and I am sure you will be able to put a show together in no time at all.
Look at it this way......a new start and a new show. Wherever you move to will see your show for the 1st time, so it doesn't have to be as large as your last, whatever you setup will wow them for sure!.
Chin Up, it will work out for the best!
;)