Happy New Year from Twin Falls, Idaho, USA

m00987

New elf
Hello I'm from Twin Falls, Idaho, USA. I am finishing up my second year of animation with LOR. I currently have 48 channels of controll. I don't have any idea how many lights I have, but I just upgraded my electrical panel to 4 Twenty amp circuts, and I still trip breakers. For next year I'm looking into converting parts of my display to RGB led (seems cheaper than another electrical upgrade) but I need to educate myself on all of the different options (DMX, Ethercon, DC LOR, ??? ). It looks like this site has tons of technical info, and users with a lot of experience, maybee some will rub off on me.

Happy New Year!!!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, sounds like your running mainly incandescents with those current requirements. In 2009 i was running 4 circuits with incands, in 2010 i used LEDs and this went down to one circuit, this year was 2 circuits with plenty to spare. So i agree with you that its better to spend that money on some RGB lighting instead of another service upgrade.

Bird

LOR user
17.gif

to ACL

I am running one LOR 16 channel, 2 CCR's, floods & spots and some static items on one 20 amp breaker with no trips or issues. All lights are LED including floods & spots. Assuming you have incandescent lights now, you want to replace those with LED as the strings need replaced.

As to RGB, they can really ramp up your display. LOR can do some RGB control without buying the CCR's. Hopefully LOR will become compatible with e1.31 this year (they say it will happen) and that will open up some great options with RGB.

As you have already seen, there is lots of info on the forums and Wiki. If you can't find what you are looking for post a question on the forums or jump in chat and ask. Lots of friendly people here will help guide you.

Only 10 months & 25 days until lights on. :)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
welcome to ACl mo.

im like you going into rgb and pixels and the guys on this site have been great. you will have no trouble learning from the best here at ACL.