Happy to be here, time to learn and join the 2014 Christmas light show

brettbert

New elf
Hello, my name is Brett.
I have had a small display of rope lights, string lights and motifs. My daughter was a bit disappointed with the light displays in 2013 as 3 major ones locally were not set up. So this year I thought I would step it up a little hopefully with some help from here.
After watching the American series Christmas light fight there was a lot of things I saw that I would love to do, but I really would like to start with one item. I'd like to set up as sign with rgb changing lights to display words and pictures that scroll. I know this is not going to be a small project and maybe difficult but it must be able to be done, I saw it on tv. Actually I have seen Fasteddys display previously and I'm sure he had a face that sang like this.
I imagine the sign would be made up of rgb strip or the like, and by having multiple drops words and pictures could be made.

I am here for guidance and help and hopefully a meeting during the year.
My background is as an electrician although I haven't worked in that field for a while, I do have exposure to electronics, soldering, computers and fault finding.

I have been reading the guide book and watched some videos, even visited aliexpress.

Looking forward to this challenge and hopefully have something special for this December.

Thanks
Brett

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Welcome to ACL Brett

hope to see you in chat some time. there is so much good information on this site aswell as a great bunch of people

brettbert

New elf
Thanks for the welcome.
I thought I should let you know I am in Wollongong so not that far from Sydney.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome Brett. Yes I was one of those local displays that didn't do anything this year but it was good to see the Mt Warrigal display back up and running this year. I do plan to come back bigger and better for 2014.

There is a lot of info and great members here and you only being 10 minutes up the road means that I can give you some one on one on hands guidance which will get you up to speed very quickly.

So welcome to the addiction

brettbert

New elf
Thank you for the welcomes. Fasteddy I really appreciate your offer and will have to take you up on it for sure.
A pixel tree sounds great and that can probably be made to display a sign very well.
I will endeavour to visit here a few more times in the next few days.
Brett

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome48.gif

Habbosrus

Back again
Fasteddy said:
There is a lot of info and great members here and you only being 10 minutes up the road means that I can give you some one on one on hands guidance which will get you up to speed very quickly.

So welcome to the addiction
That's it! Now I want to pack up and move to Wollongong too. You're a very lucky man Brett.