Hardware setup of ECG-P2 video

harrison0550

Full time elf
Here is a video I made last night to help guide some friends in wiring up their ECG-P2's. Maybe it will help some folks out over here as well.

Warning! The only jumper setting I show is if you are supplying 5v to the board, if you are putting anything other than 5v into the board your jumper settings will be different. I put a download link to the jumper settings in the description and the quick notes doc can be found here: http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2793.0.html as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJtKlOtI4Y

Also my power requirements are for the U.S 115v. Please make certain to choose the appropriate power selection on your power supplies for your part of the world.

Binkles

Full time elf
Haedware setup of ECG-P2 video

That helps heaps! Explains a lot and I can't wait to get mine, need to put through an order for pixels next.

kel

Dedicated elf
elf.gif

mrlightmadness

New elf
whens the second video coming out yout mentioned???? the first one is great as i've been doing a ton of reading but havent gotten into this yes. Starting to make more sense. Would love to see this configured in LOR along with how it was set up with LOR controllers as well.

harrison0550

Full time elf
Thanks guys!
I'm still working on the software setup video. I've recorded it 3 or 4 times already but each time I play it back I realize I'm going to be talking over someones head and I want these videos to be very straight forward and simple without confusing anyone.

My test is to let my wife watch each video (who knows nothing about any of this) and if she is confused or has questions after watching it then I rerecord. Take 5 :'(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Great work Andy, i wish more people in the community would do things like this, you have helped many and save many others lots of time explaining :D

kidcole

My 4th year. Added RGB Last year, Pixels this year
Andy (F/K/A harrison0550) said:
Thanks guys!
I'm still working on the software setup video. I've recorded it 3 or 4 times already but each time I play it back I realize I'm going to be talking over someones head and I want these videos to be very straight forward and simple without confusing anyone.

My test is to let my wife watch each video (who knows nothing about any of this) and if she is confused or has questions after watching it then I rerecord. Take 5 :'(

I was looking through your 65 universe test with LOR, and it ended on a fail. How did you end up resolving that ?

It's encouraging to see larger scale pixel effects with LOR ! I am also curious what tools you are using with LOR for your effects .. Superstar, Nutcracker, painful manual effects, (or other) ?

jeffl

New elf
I'm a video learner. Very helpful. I'm looking forward to the next video.

harrison0550

Full time elf
The 65 universe that resulted in a fail is still a fail. However Dan has committed to ensuring large channel count issues with load times and crashes within the sequencer will be addressed. As it stands though I was able to convert the sequence to xlights and play it back perfectly and HLS loaded it fine as well. I didnt try LSP but I need to at some point. I did use nutcracker very little though. My main tool was ItsMeBob's clipboard flipper.

Here is a video, go easy :( . I'm not happy with it but I'm tired of recording it over and over, to really go into all the features of the ECG-P2 the video would be 45 mins long so I tried just to "KISS" and link back to Ed and Phils video's on the UBL etc. Working on the LOR video now.

If this video just confuses anyone or I said anything totally wrong please let me know so I can delete and redo it.

ECG-P2 setup 2 of 3

harrison0550

Full time elf
I went ahead and grabbed 2 more video's on setting up the P2 in LOR. Being that this thread was geared towards the hardware setup it may be better suited to move these last videos to the LOR general section of the forums but they do kinda flow from one to another.

I did want to add that none of these videos are a complete representation of what all the P2 can do. They are just a quick :eek: overview on how to get blinky blinky. There is still so much more that they can do like unicast, ppoe, etc.

Ed Bryson if you see that I missed something important or misinformed anyone unintentionally in any video please let me know and I will delete any one of the videos from youtube right then. Also if you see this I need to get up to Knox and buy a P12 to add a pixel tree this year to my display :)

ECG-P2 setup 3 of 4 LOR setup

ECG-P2 setup 4 of 4 LOR setup