Have a damged them...

Baf05

Full time elf
I believe I have these lights..

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4096-gray-scale-12mmled-pixel-module-3001IC-DC5V-input-IP68-50pcs-a-string/701799_441831480.html

and that they are TLS3001 3 wire lights.

I have them hooked to a P12R board, and I am trying to run them through LSP.

When I go in to the J1sys setting and set the lights to TLS3001 in the string config, after a re-boot they all come on, and there are different colours.

I have from time to time had them set as WS2801, or WS2811.

When they were set as WS2811 or WS2801, I could change colours through LSP, but now, set as TLS they just sit there at the colour from the reboot.

Could I have damaged the IC chip? I now cant seem to control them at all, but that could also be becuase I have stuffed some thing on LSP....

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im a bit confused at what your saying here.

are you saying that you can control the lights when set as a 2811 (wont be a 2801 as its 4 wire) or is it when you power up you have some pixels that come on with a colour but you dont have any control at all.

The IC chip will not be damaged by setting it for the incorrect IC type in the controller. What will damage the first pixel is plugging in and unplugging the string with the power on.

Baf05

Full time elf
When I set them to TLS3001 through the string config in the setup up, all the lights come on. Well, most do, and the first light kind of pulses through some different colours.

But I dont seem to be able to control the string through LSP, like I could when the were set as 2811.

But I have also buggered something in LSP, I am going to have a crack it fixing that, and also resetting the board, after have I have done the reboot.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Baf05 said:
When I set them to TLS3001 through the string config in the setup up, all the lights come on. Well, most do, and the first light kind of pulses through some different colours.

But I dont seem to be able to control the string through LSP, like I could when the were set as 2811.

But I have also buggered something in LSP, I am going to have a crack it fixing that, and also resetting the board, after have I have done the reboot.

Well you have 2811 and not 3001 because the 2811 code does not work with the 3001. So if you have control with the 2811 then thats what you have

Baf05

Full time elf
I must say, I feel like its two steps forward, three back.

I have two strings hooked up to a P12R, on the board it says 2811. So I am assuming thats what they are.

I have tried changeing the baud rate, (I have no idea why) but i have found that under 2000, turns all the lights on, over has left 3 lights on? (LED 26 27 28) in green?

AND I bought LSP, and still no output!

:'( :'( :'(