Have I got everything covered?

Qantarus

Year 3 - still keeping it simple
Hey All

After a few false starts I'm starting to get myself sorted for an entry into a world of pixels.
I'm thinking of starting with a mega tree, a few arches, an outline and a couple of matrixes.

Is there anything I am missing that i really should have? Not worried about network cables etc as I have all of that covered.
Also still trying to work out what to build the tree / arches out of .

Viewing distance for the mega tree is roughly 11m from the road to the foremost of the tree strips - so just going for 2 inch spacing.

It's roughly 8m from where I want the controller to the furthest string on the tree - is there going to be any issues if I go with 5v (ignoring the fact i will at this stage power inject every 50 pixels). The 8m is the max distance of any prop from the controller. Sadly being an IT guy the power stuff is something I haven't really had to deal with.rough outline.JPG

180 degree Mega Tree
Boscoyo Strip
32 x 50 LED Bullet Nodes with xconnect pigtails
xconnect power injection splitters

Matrix 1
Raspberry Pi 2 B+
12 x P10 (32x16) LED panels (3 x 4 setup)
Raspberry Pi-P10 cape
Frame / mounting brackets for panels
Power Supply

Matrix 2
4 x P10 (32x16) LED Panels

Arches
Still tossing up between LED Strips or pixels strings
Pipe / corflute

Outline
Still tossing up between LED Strips or pixels strings - 3 sides around the garage door.

Controller
F16v3 – already expressed interest in the group buy.
Power Supply x 2

FM Transmitter

Any thoughts / feedback from those far more experienced than myself are most welcome :D

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A power distro (per tree and matrix) like my Power8 or 1 of the other multitude for powering all your power injection points.
Pigtails to get power from the distro's to your power injection Tee's.
Some fusing for your P10 matrix should really be used. Lots of options again for that with my P10-Fuse being just 1.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Order spares of everything. Spare P10s are easy enough to swap out and if from same batch, more likely to be colour matched.
Spare PSU(s) (no power = no lights)
Spare nodes/strip again for easy repair.
Budget may not stretch to spare controller but nice to have a backup of something at least.
SOunds like your well on your way with the plans though, well done :)