Having problems :(

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Im trying to get my first lights going on a P12R.

I made a megatree star on Saturday and spent the whole day trying to get it working yesterday. The star is 20 x 2pix strips in a circle. The first time I hooked it up and set it up in P12R config and LSP. I created a macro and it worked.....smoothly. So then I made another couple of macros and all of a sudden it didnt work. Its jolting/lagging.

I am optimizing each time I run it.
NIC showcard is:
Default IP - 10.10.10.50
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 (the same as my show PC and home PC subnet)
Def gateway IP - 10.10.10.1

That is the settings NOW after mucking around with it. When I had it going that first time I think the subnet was 255.255.0.0 or 255.0.0.0. Ive tried changing it back but to no avail.

I have tried 3 different Cat5 cables incase length is the issue. I have tried every speed known to man, the best looking is 4000 and its not good. If I go over 4000 it goes white immediately so 4000 is the max. Its only 3.5m cable to star so distance isnt really an issue.

E1.31 ouput looks fine, star is set to Univ 46, Start 350, Size 120, Unicast 10.10.10.11.

Heres the video I took the when it was working, nice and smooth.
https://vimeo.com/65516849

Heres photobucket link till vimeo decides to work - http://s126.photobucket.com/user/Toby3_photo/media/Misc/Xmas%20lighting/IMG_1599_zps4b5a372c.mp4.html

It appears to be a lagging issue as when I go in to test the hardware of a controller I click on e.g Bank on, and the appropriate lights turn on but after about 3-4 secs, chase doesnt really work at all, its like the lights cant keep up.

I created the drawing myself in visualizer and the whole time it works perfectly, no lag at all.

Any suggestions?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Seeing that i gave you an unreleased beta version of the LSP build then i would revert back to the previous version and see if the issue is still there.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
ShellNZ said:
Thankyou Eddy, reverted back and somehow both openDMX and lights are working properly now :)

:-* :-* :-*

The reason is that the original version would not save the open DMX config, the unreleased beta version would allow it but appears to have a regression with the e1.31 output, so reverting back to your original version then just used the saved open DMX that you were able to create in the beta version.

My apolagies that this caused you other issues and is why unreleased betas are normally not handed out as they can suffer from regressions if not tested before release.