HE123 MKII xlights and fpp version 7 - Channel outputs not reflected prop names and start and channels

janastas

Full time elf
Hi All,

Running a halloween light show for year #3 now and just got my HE123 MKII up and running to replace another controller box.

I have my project setup in xlights and trying to upload the output for the channels I've configured for all my props and noticed that fpp channel output doesn't reflect those changes.

This is my decive setup in xlights and I can visualise and upload output and open to the browser without error.

1697418896225.png

But if you look at my channel output on the fpp gui you see the following:

1697418943401.png

if i visualise my output from xlights it looks as follows:

1697418993948.png

Any idea where i might be going wrong for my props to not appear in channel output?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
This looks like the Upload Outputs didnt work correctly.
Are the descriptions correct on the first few outputs that match what's in xlights?

janastas

Full time elf
this is what is in xlights.

I'd expect new_pumpking to appear under port 1 in channel output config under port 1

1697422427268.png

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
So that all looks OK - and on the main controller page, you've done a "Save" and then "Upload Output" - the bottom left hand status should say "Hanson HE123Mk2 Upload Complete" after a few seconds.
If you're watching the FPP window at the same time, you should also see "FPPD Stopped" followed by "FPPD Running" as it restarts the process.

janastas

Full time elf
So that all looks OK - and on the main controller page, you've done a "Save" and then "Upload Output" - the bottom left hand status should say "Hanson HE123Mk2 Upload Complete" after a few seconds.
If you're watching the FPP window at the same time, you should also see "FPPD Stopped" followed by "FPPD Running" as it restarts the process.
Definitely saving, the upload output and get the following msg in xlights.

1697423379135.png

And I can see the fppd restarting via the web gui.

it's just not reflecting in the gui ui still for some silly reason.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Yep cool... Interesting..... What version of FPP is it (Exactly) - I am running a few HE123's myself and havent seen this issue.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I'm one commit behind this. Let me update one of them and take a look at the behaviour.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
This is on a HE123D, but they are identical to the HE123 as far as the integration is concerned, the difference is the front-end representation in FPP for the diff outputs.
I upgraded it to the latest commit to match yours.
xLights is also 2023.16.

Before doing anything, I reset all ports to 0 pixels, and start channels to 1.

1697424323200.png

xLgihts controller configuration:
1697424441114.png

Visualiser
1697424464538.png

Upload complete:

1697424487461.png

FPP after a page refresh:
1697424508371.png

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
The only thing I can think is that the channel outputs file is corrupt on FPP and cannot be updated properly.
You can try to ssh into it and remove the file.

1697424846247.png

janastas

Full time elf
The only thing I can think is that the channel outputs file is corrupt on FPP and cannot be updated properly.
You can try to ssh into it and remove the file.

View attachment 23890
Followed all your instructions and even tried to remove the co-bbbString.json file.

No luck again, even formatted the micro sd card and did a fresh install of a the 7.1 release to see if that would make a difference.

Could it be something buggy that happend when i applied my my falcon licence key and has now affected the eeprom?

I did the offline signing and that seems to have worked just fine.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
No, the upload will work irrespective of the licence. The FPP instance will just complain that you have more pixels allocated than licenced ports if the licence was invalid and refuse to start.

Pop in the screenshot of Help / Cape Info and I can take a look though to confirm it's all good.

janastas

Full time elf
No, the upload will work irrespective of the licence. The FPP instance will just complain that you have more pixels allocated than licenced ports if the licence was invalid and refuse to start.

Pop in the screenshot of Help / Cape Info and I can take a look though to confirm it's all good.
1697433891176.png

janastas

Full time elf
so for whatever reason the xlights upload output command is not updating the co-bbbString.json file in the /media/config directory.

I checked the xlights log and it shows the new json file with all my config and that the upload is successful but when i check the file on the BBB it's still the old file.

I ended up copying the json contents and open the co-bbbString.json file via sftp and overwriting the contents of the file.

Once I refresh the channel outputs it's now appearing with my config in the UI.

1697452935638.png

Very weird.

Now to test some pixels and see if it's actually going to play my sequence.

@AAH - have you ever seen this happen before?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Would need to see the log files as to what the issue is.
To to Content Setup - File Manager - Logs
Holding the shift key, select the first apache log, and the last fpp log, which should highlight all 7 files - and then hit the zip button
Pop the zip file on Dropbox/ Google Drive/ Onedrive etc - and shoot me a link. More than happy to look through it.

The upload process _should_ have done what you manually did.
It certainly sounds like it might be either and xLights or FPP bug, just need to determine where.