Hello All

andbobken

New elf
Hi everyone.
Just starting to think about display for this year and I'm thinking about ramping it up a bit and would love some feed back/ help/ suggestions for the places I can go. I live in Macleod in Melbourne. I've been increasing the size of my display every year since I started. I'm very much a newbee with sequencing. I would love some suggestions about starting points that are good but cheep. I've got an idea of how I want to open my light display. Last year I invited a few people over and had a bbq with the end being the switching on of my lights. This year I want that to go of with a bang. My idea is to have a display of a count down from 10 to 1 that ends with a string of LEDs seeming like a fuse to the centre of the display and then everything coming on in an explosion of lights. Any suggestions would be great. If anyone also knows of a song that has a 10 to one countdown in it that I could use that would be great

Andrew

BrianJ

Full time elf
Hi and welcome to AusChristmasLighting. I am new here also but can tell you that I would be lost without these folks. This forum is a great collection of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Andrew
That sounds like a first-rate idea. I'm sure some one here will have a great solution for that design.
My first guess would be a pixel string that would only have a onetime use. But since our shows repeat for many days and many times throughout the night you could use it at the beginning of every show.

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
Hi Andrew. Welcome to ACL. Sounds like a great idea. There is a Mike Oldfield track on The Songs of Distant Earth album that does count down from 10 but it's a very slow countdown. It's about 1 number per bar but then does kinda "explode" after it. There is also a song I'm searching for that I saw used in a firework display many years ago that goes tick, tick, tick, tick-boom.
Anyway I hope hat helps. Can't wait to see what u put together.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, feel free to ask any questions and also there is help in the chat room with many very helpful members.
Have you looked at using the Thunderbirds 10 to 1 countdown, thats always a great countdown to use.

I also recommend downloading the ACL 101 Lighting 101 manual if you havent already