Hello and a first timer question!

decromin

New elf
Hey all - I find myself unexpectedly getting into some more advanced control on my lights, or at least that's the excuse I've given my wife 😅

Due to a bad multifunctional controller on a set of two wire lights, I picked up a dmx2-24 from Hanson's to take over from all the existing plug packs I have. One question - can you get female pigtails to suit those notched two pin connectors?

Anyway, here's to the fun of it!

franky_888

Full time elf
Can't speak directly to your question, can only make the comment that when I used to do 3-pin lights I cut the wire off after the MFC and made my own conversion pigtails up using the RayWu Connectors.

So it would go 2811DC30 > RayWu Female > RayWu Male > BIGW Male > String

Helped keep it a little 'modular' in case of having to move things around/replace strings etc.

I haven't bought any 2 string lights though, do the two pinners plug straight into the plug pack? I have an inflatable santa that has a setup like that that *almost* perfectly mates with a Ray Wu 13.5 2-pin connector https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002386651188.html

Goliath

Full time elf
The Ray Wu connectors aren't perfect fits, but they are pretty close, the threads seem a bit different. I use them when I have to, but prefer to get the right ones form AAH.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I have a few running out of my Dmx2-24 as well, they are are a bit soft and squishy, but they do the job nicely. No issues interfacing with my bunnings strings.

Orlando1220

New elf
Good afternoon peeps!, so new to pixels. What do yall recommend on pixel lights I know it's Preference but should I go with the ws2811 the male female connector strands or the plug in ones that attach together by plugging them together?