Hello and...

pnewcomb1

New elf
...thank-you for allowing me to be part of your forum!

I am Paul, and I am from South Dakota in the USA. I don't know why they call it SOUTH Dakota, because I am very near the Canadian Border.

I have started on the long crawl up the learning curve for Light Show Pro, and will have many questions. I intend to use e.131 to DMX for all of my control, and at this point I am sure I will be dealing with 20+ DMX Universes...

I hope to (over time) become a contributing member of the forum...but it kinda looks like for now I will be asking for help more than I will be helping...

I have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor, and enjoy good natured bantering...I am an avid Harley Rider, and avid off road Jeep owner, a rather accomplished marksman and firearms enthusiast and an airplane/helicopter pilot.

I "own" 2 teenage daughters, and I am a single father.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find all the info you need here and if you dont then the great community here is always willing to answer questions. The chat room is another great resource.

I wonder if your daughters 'own' you :D

pnewcomb1

New elf
Fasteddy said:
Welcome to ACL, you will find all the info you need here and if you dont then the great community here is always willing to answer questions. The chat room is another great resource.

I wonder if your daughters 'own' you :D

Oh they own me...and my wallet...and my Jeeps...and they have even started on the Harleys...

Now around their friends...I am just barely an acquaintance...but that comes with the territory...both are straight honor students and both are classical dancers...so I have no complaints...

They did not however come with "owners manuals"...so it's been a bit of a ride...

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Paul

We were all in your shoes at the beginning, so ask away, that's how we learned and then were able to "pass it on".

I also have a very sarcastic sense of humor, a '97' Heritage Springer, no jeep (does a 4 Runner count ;)), fair collection but no marksman, I 'use' a Cherokee Archer II out of KMWO and never tried a whirlybird. Also have one teenage daughter and therefore question that yours don't own you. :D

arw01

Full time elf
A double welcome as I popped into the LSP welcome thread too..

Now as to ownership it depends on who you ask... is she a daddy's girl or are you wrapped around her finger.. depends on the looker..

So your next big choice, now that you made the very excellent and superior choice of LSP over the others, is what pixel items to build next!

On this years list are a matrix (parts ordered in the pre-sales), lighting up a "mega" tree with Minleon (fasteddy represents them in Australia and said hi on the lsp board too), increasing the house outlines with WS2811 flex strips. A couple porcupine balls, re-string a few old style led to RGB led, maybe some mini-trees. Make a bunch of giant balls to hang from the mega tree, and figure out some beat sticks (awesome idea here on the board when you poke around a while) to go along the driveway. And make some pixicles from scratch..

Oh what a busy year!

pnewcomb1

New elf
Bird said:
Welcome.gif

to ACL Paul

We were all in your shoes at the beginning, so ask away, that's how we learned and then were able to "pass it on".

I also have a very sarcastic sense of humor, a '97' Heritage Springer, no jeep (does a 4 Runner count ;) ), fair collection but no marksman, I 'use' a Cherokee Archer II out of KMWO and never tried a whirlybird. Also have one teenage daughter and therefore question that yours don't own you. :D

Oh for sure my daughters own me...no doubt about it!

And yes a 4-Runner counts! I have a Tacoma Pickup too!

The springer is one of my wants, but this Road Glide Ultra grabbed me and I couldn't let go...I also have a Retired Polise Service Electra, and a Sporty with an 88" Axtel in it....

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Welcome to ACL

Lots of cool stuff out there. Lots of great Ideas come from these great forums.
Drop into chat, always something going on there.

Hope your daughters help with the lights :p

-Bluzer