Hello Everyone. New Here! Located in Central VIC :)

SmithsLightsBendigo

Smiths Lights - Bendigo
Hi Everyone,

Hoping that I am able to grasp some of this information for implementation this Christmas. The slush fund is building and hope to be able to spend about 5k this year on new lights and first purchase of controllers. To start off with for the first couple of years I am looking to invest in LightORama because of the simplicity of the hardware and software. Thoughts?

I so far have a collection of 5000 LED's on sting lights, but the snag that I will have to overcome is multifunction controllers, I have read some topics on that already. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get them to work. Or does anyone have any good sites for buying lights without controllers that are suitable?

Cheers and thanks in advance :D,

James

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL
Woohoo. That's Bendigo member 4 unless I've missed someone and if I include Eaglehawk (the Greater Part of Bendigo) as part of Bendigo.
If you need any advice or hands on demo or anything I'm just on the other side of town.

Alan

SmithsLightsBendigo

Smiths Lights - Bendigo
AAH said:
Welcome to ACL
Woohoo. That's Bendigo member 4 unless I've missed someone and if I include Eaglehawk (the Greater Part of Bendigo) as part of Bendigo.
If you need any advice or hands on demo or anything I'm just on the other side of town.

Alan

Cheers Alan, Don't offer your help because you know I might just take you up on that offer :) haha. You're a LOR user? :D

James

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL. You will find lots of info here to help you on your way to getting a great display going.

Before spending your hard earned cash you need to look at what you already have and what you want to evetually achieve, so giving some of that info may help others point you in the best direction.

There are some other great plug and play stuff coming out shortly that will make RGB very simple to get up and going for those that dont want to worry about the technicalaties of DIY

SmithsLightsBendigo

Smiths Lights - Bendigo
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Welcome to ACL. You will find lots of info here to help you on your way to getting a great display going.

Before spending your hard earned cash you need to look at what you already have and what you want to evetually achieve, so giving some of that info may help others point you in the best direction.

There are some other great plug and play stuff coming out shortly that will make RGB very simple to get up and going for those that dont want to worry about the technicalaties of DIY

Cheers Eddy :) Thanks for that.

Blickensderfer said:
Welcome James!!

Thanks Blickensderfer :D

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Welcome to the hobby!
As Eddy said, you may want to invest some "thought time" and get some idea of how you want things to look and what you are trying to accomplish so that folks on here can give you better answers and insight into which way to go.
There are so many different types of controllers, lights, and software that it is impossible to cover everything. Once you get a sort of direction on which way you want to go, then it gets easier.
But you can ask away and folks here will happily try to help you.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL James

If you haven't found it yet, you may find some useful information in the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual. It's is a great resource.

WARNING:
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Been slack in replying. Yes I'm a lor user.
You said in chat that you caught my lights last year. The most important thing is did the rugrats or I offer you a candy cane or lolly?
All questions are welcome.
Alan

SmithsLightsBendigo said:
AAH said:
Welcome to ACL

Alan

Cheers Alan, Don't offer your help because you know I might just take you up on that offer :) haha. You're a LOR user? :D

James

SmithsLightsBendigo

Smiths Lights - Bendigo
Hello Everyone. New Here! Located in Central VIC :)

AAH said:
Been slack in replying. Yes I'm a lor user.
You said in chat that you caught my lights last year. The most important thing is did the rugrats or I offer you a candy cane or lolly?
All questions are welcome.
Alan

That's fine haha. Cheers thanks Alan :) nope didn't get any candy :( but that's okay. Haha

Benslights

Dedicated elf
What NO CANDY????

Alan what are you doing??

Well James welcome to ACL hope to see you in chat some time soon. As there is a mad group of guys and gals in there that would love to help you spend your money on lights lol.

SmithsLightsBendigo

Smiths Lights - Bendigo
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
What NO CANDY? ???

Alan what are you doing??

Well James welcome to ACL hope to see you in chat some time soon. As there is a mad group of guys and gals in there that would love to help you spend your money on lights lol.

Lol thanks Yagoona. Yeah I am in the chat most days now :D