Hello everyone :)

ShellNZ

Senior elf
This is my 2nd year of Xmas lights and first year of LOR.

My LOR goodies just arrived in the country today so I am picking it up tomorrow from airport:

Light-o-rama Pro Pro series 16-channel starter kit - http://store.lightorama.com/ba16chpa.html
Deluxe DC card (+ plastic enclosure) - http://store.lightorama.com/cmdedcca2.html

This is the layout of my house that I have designed in visualizer so far
smile.gif
. Only a few things missing but I'll get there :)

Visualizerpic.jpg

The 2 faces will be done with neon-flex 12v which arrived today. Each face will have 7-channels, so there will be 2 channels left on the 12v card. I am currently sequencing good ole Gotye :)

All the other lights have 240v, at this stage I have 3 channels left on the 240v card.

I primarily have simple LED strings all over the place, bought oodles of icicles from China last year and this year have gotten 90m of white ropelight to go around the perimeter of the section (light blue). For the past couple of days I have had about 30 firefox tabs open with all my different options of RGB LED flexible strip. What I am looking at adding is a small spiral Xmas tree that will sit on the mailbox. I have purchased the tomato spiral obelisk today. I am going to have LED striplight running around it, just a 5m strip. I have decided to go the simple way and just get one of these 5M RGB SMD 5050 Waterproof Flexible HORSE RACE LED Strip 150p LEDs and manually turn it onto rainbow effect and leave it at that, so it will not be part of my LOR music show. I also have solar lights wrapped around 3 path trees (not in the visualiser). So theres a few things not "in the LOR game".

I have been looking for a new hobby over the past year or two and have finally found it :) Computers were my hobby but started my own repair business 4yrs ago from home, so they are now "work" hehe.

Off to read these forums now :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Looking good Shell.
You popped into chat over the weekend so you've already been infected.
I've been planning on doing a face too but it has about 20 channels but hasn't got past the visualiser stage yet.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Im sure you will fit in just perfectly into this hobby and this group, so feel free to ask any questions and im sure we can help you increase your addiction :D

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Thanks so much everyone :)

Just an update....went to pick up those LED strips today and they werent chasing strips at all, the guy selling them stuffed up and told me they were. Got home and neighbour had just ordered some from TeCore in China so I threw my order in with his....getting 10mtrs of their stuff...http://www.tecoreled.com/productshow.asp?id=745&sid=195

Ordered a Meanwell SP-320-12 320W 12V Single Output PFC Switching Power Supply today as well. Unfort the power supply and DC card wont fit into the LoR enclosure that I got so I have just bought a NZ$17 boatbattery box to put both in.

Hiding my creditcard from myself now :)

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Have made my first face :) As its Xmas its a "happy face" as opposed to a Halloween/pumpkin face :)

Its made with 12v neon-flex put into PVC channelling that is screwed down. I had a tricky time joining start (power connection) to end (end cap) as the power connection end is quite chunky. Drilled holes in the 7mm plywood to poke cabling through.

Im hoping when its going at night on roof you wont be able to see the small gaps between start/end. Will be adding 4mtrs of speaker wire to each channel (7 channels) today and wiring it up to 12v DC card from LoR. Fingers crossed it works :)

IMG_0700.jpg

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome Shell, although it looks like you don't need a welcome and have made yourself right at home with all the rest of us already!! Your display is looking fantastic already in and I haven't even seen any videos yet!!