Hello fellow crazy light people

ewilcox11

New elf
I got married in 2008 and that Christmas my wife told me she'd like me to put some lights outside. So I bought some light strings and lit two 30 foot trees using a ladder and 15 foot pole. Since then I have put out more and more lights every year. In 2013 I upgraded to a 16 channel LOR. I made two 3528 LED displays, had a 3 channel 10 foot spiral tree, and two 13 foot drive through arches to go along with various other lighting. It went over very well....so now, of course, I'm wanting to do more for next year. I live in a very small town and most people around here were amazed at my "tiny" show. Thinking of adding another 16 channels or maybe some type of CCRish display. I love to build stuff and my neighbor is a fantastic welder so I may be looking to go DIY.
Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do, though. Here's a link for one of my sequences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTEa0VcLOuc&list=UUaCFypm1k6VMQPEO6Ii3r-g&feature=c4-overview

Any and all help is always appreciated as the light shows are all new to me.

Bird

LOR user
That covers a lot of ground for only 16 channels.
Nice job.
What has blue eyes, large red nose, two large dimples, and a long tongue but no mouth? :D ;)

ewilcox11

New elf
Thanks, I was pretty happy with it considering I did not start on the sequences until December. I had 7 songs going. I'm definitely planning to go a little bigger next year. I've been buying up clearance LED's for the last 2 weeks. I also think I can redo the 16 channels I had this year and get a little more mileage out of it. Once I put it up and watched I noticed a couple things I could change, but I was finished for the year at that point.
I love these community forums. This is my 3rd. Also have one for jet boats and one for jet skis. All are a wealth of knowledge.

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Welcome to ACL mate and tell your wife we love her for giving us another Christmas lights addict :D

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome53.gif