Hello from Adelaide

ausmpw

New elf
Hello to all. Similar story to just about all here. Wanted to look at how I could make next xmas something more interesting. Tired of buying cheap solar and static lights. Would really like to get a hobby this year and, after contemplating it for the last couple of years, I think I'll have a crack.

Have a fair idea that there is a lot of work involved so under no illusions it's just plug and play.

Work in IT so looking forward to applying programming logic to something a little more rewarding than cutting code for clients :)

Let's get this started aye?

Marty

i13

Dedicated elf
This would be worth a look https://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,9481.0.html

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Marty! Lot's of fellow blinky enthusiasts in SA so I'm sure you'll be able to get some great advise and hopefully some hands on demos too.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
not much code to cut here.. unless you wish to do diy electronics..
everyone use's Xlights to sequence there lights.. (great team of friendly coders)
ohh Welcome to S.A. the home of High Power Bills an led lights

Boof63

Senior elf
ditto for DJ and SA, thast why we use leds in south oz, cant afford incandescent any more.
the forums are good to read and learn, the manual located here , will giv e you the good oil and a solid background, dont be afraid to ask, we all learn from each other.
Cheers and welcome
Boof63 :D

ausmpw

New elf
Thanks for all the welcomes :)

Yes, SA sure is a challenge when it comes to power bills... and living in the hills makes it so much more unreliable lol.

I've spent some of yesterday getting familiar (or should I say scratching the surface) of xLights. I managed to get 2 Matrix's to flash in sequence to music for all of 20 seconds - a huge achievement lol.

Just going to spend some time now to read the various links recommended and perhaps have a look at the various lights and what each of the combinations are.

I think I'm going to enjoy this hobby more that work.

Cheers again, Marty