Hello from another Perthite

elad315

New elf
Hi,
My name is Dale and this year will be my 5th year doing Christmas lights on our House.
This year, I believe I reached the limit of my light display and am looking at stepping up to the realm of programmed lighting. I am also fortunate that the Minister for Domestic Affairs and Finance (aka Wife) is supportive (actually encourages) the set up of Christmas Lights.
My biggest concern with moving into Programming is that the abundance of lights that I have accumulated will become obsolete and not only be buying controllers etc but alos new lighting. I understand that some of the stuff can be modified and will eventually find the thread that relates to this.
Cheers
Dale

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
You may be able to continue using some of your old lights as you move ahead into the newer stuff... A lot of us have done that & still are using some of the older items... It will all depend on what you have in mind & how you go about it.
The first step is to get all the knowledge you can find & make sure you understand the newe stuf.
This will save you a ton of money..

Good luck to & welcome to the forumn...

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome Dale.
A supportive wife is a great thing to have. Mine has always kept the lights up to me to the point where I have never managed to get all my lights connected. This year I look like being even further behind than usual. It is just as well that December is a month away.
There's plenty of threads on modding lights as well as info on it in the wiki.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome57.gif

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Dale

Like Alan said, it is always great to have a supportive wife. Mine also leaves the light and budget for lighting up to me, however she comes up with these nice display ideas that leaves me wondering 'how am I gona do that'. :D :D

Might want to warn the wife though, joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

Lots of very friendly folks here will be glad to assist you with any questions you may have. There are never any silly or dumb questions here.

Mm

Silent elf
Hi Dale,

This is my first year using computer driven lights after many years of normal retail purchased lights. ACL is a great resorce of information and help is always available if you get stuck. Without the help I have had from some great people here I would not be switching my lights on tonight.

Enjoy ACL.

Matt