1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Hello from Austin Texas

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by Flash69, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Flash69

Flash69 New Elf

Hello everyone!

My name is Marty and I am in Austin, Texas.

For the last 2 years I have had a small display. I have 2 Ren 64s using a total of 90 channels. Last year I was over 11,300 lights.

My web site is www.austinchristmas.org.

I have been trying to stay with traditional christmas colors; red, green and white/clear. This was easy with minis and C9s, however RGBs might force me to change my thinking.

I have been following the RGB side for a little while now however I have not jumped in yet. I am hear to learn more and most likely jump in.

A quick background on myself. I am an ESX, Windows and Linux server engineer for a fortune 30 company. My technology background makes doing a Christmas light display very easy for me.

I have already learned a lot just by joining the chat. For anyone new I highly suggest it as the other members are great at answering and helping.

2. mrpackethead

mrpackethead Full Time Elf

Hi Marty, nice to see you about.. Make sure you tell everyone else about the website, and get them to join up!

3. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to the forums, nice use of colour in your display, looks like your ready to jump into RGB