Hello from Bentonville, Arkansas

Lost sol

New elf
Just wanted to say hello and share a bit about myself.

I have been into decorating with Christmas lights for as long as I can remember. I have always been told I am a little on the obsessive side with it. I am always trying to figure out ways I can add more lights and was stoked when I put up over 10,000 lights on my parents house 20 years ago. The first time I saw lights synced to music I knew it was something I had to do. Last year that finally happened when I took the plunge and bought a LOR controller. I just ordered another one since the summer sale is on so the display will be growing. I also just learned of this new world of DMX and I will be adding it to my show. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days researching DMX and I think I have a pretty good understanding of it. I am so excited to get the parts and start experimenting!

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome44.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, there is lots of great info and help here from many friendly members, so feel free to ask questions. The chat room is also a great place to learn and meet other like minded obsesive members. We call it CLAP, Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem. So just tell your wife you have the CLAP

Cheers

Lost sol

New elf
I am the wife!!! I think that makes the addiction even worse! It's ok though, my husband doesn't understand my ham radio addiction either.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Lost sol said:
I am the wife!!! I think that makes the addiction even worse! It's ok though, my husband doesn't understand my ham radio addiction either.

Great to see a woman with CLAP :D

We have many female members, but generally it seems like CLAP only affects mainly males, its only in December that it seem the females get the CLAP, but by the new year their CLAP has usually gone.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

Nice to see another female .. your ranks are growing.
If you want to know anything about lighting, I don't know of a site better than this one.
Everyone is friendly and eager to help your CLAP grow. :)

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome to ACL! Prepare to spend more money than you originally wanted (it's a symptom of CLAP), but ending up with your best display yet.