Hello from Broken Hill and needing help

Erin236

New elf
Hi. We have had a static display for the past 6 years and we love all things Christmas lights! I am not great with electronics but I am determined to give the programmable lights a go. I am getting started late I know but I am wanting to get going. I am looking at the Sandevices assembled controllers either the e6804 or e682. Does anyone know if these are available in Australia or only the USA? Or does anyone have any recommendations for a similar easy to use controller that I can use with software like xlights? Thanks for your help. I look forward to learning a lot.
Erin

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Welcome Erin,

You sure are getting started late but there may be still hope.

You will have to source everything in Australia and pay a bit of a premium price as there would be no way of getting lights from overseas. Your best bet for a controller in Australia would be asking the member "Darylc" Daryl normally has Falcon controllers here in Australia and ships from SA. For lights you could try sellers in Australia on ebay or go with one of a community members for lights (Hanson Electronics, smartaleclights, etc).

I would take a read of ACL's 101 Manual located on the forums give that a read then spend a lot of time in the chat asking questions.

Hope this helps!

danv

Full time elf
Welcome Erin. You could also try the Advatek Pixlite controllers. They usually have aussie stock and ship quickly. The ACL 101 Manual is brilliant, please take a look and read through it. There are heaps of people here that an knowledgeable, so if you run into problems, just ask someone in a post or jump into chat :)

Edit: Oh and I am from Broken Hill, my father still lives there actually :)

The Bald Boy

New elf
I just bought a Falcon from Daryl. I think he might be overseas right now. I got here in a few days. Message darylc. Falcon is expensive but really good.
Hanson electronics is waiting on some stock - I think he said it would get here next week - lights and power options.
I am new to this as well. Thinking of making arches for this year. Lots to learn!!:rolleyes: