Hello from California

John Rourke

New elf
I am brand new to the Light Show World. My main focus will be on Halloween though as I am a little crazy for Halloween. The wife said I could not buy and new props this year so I am starting to learn and will add a light show to the my display. At this point I am studying up what is needed and will be starting to buy now.

I will be using a combination of Regular Christmas lights running on an Adurino and relays running outlets for the effects. I will be purchasing WS2811 Pixels and running those on a Falcon controller and a Rassberry Pi.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
Grab the ACL101, soak up some knowledge and prepare to spend some money. Not as much money as you could have if you didn't read the 101 1st though :D

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL John. Be prepared to have a plan and budget, then rip it up and start again once you see all the other things you want to add.

Brad

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. What part of California? Santa Barbara area here. Nice to see people from same time zone as me on here. As AAH stated the ACL101 is a great resource for anyone starting out with this crazy addiction. Drop by chat and say hi or ask questions. Lots of helpful people!