Hello from California

roush611

New elf
Hi All!!! Well I am finally thinking of making the transition into pixel lighting as I am sick of the dull output of store bought LED's. I have been doing a lot of reading the past few days and my head is officially spinning. I plan on outlining my house and making a few little pixel trees and other things next year. I have read the 101 a couple times and it has been beyond helpful. As I learn a littler better by playing with stuff can someone recommend an initial set up that I can get the grasp of running power, connecting the controller and sequencing? I plan on ordering everything I need in a couple months, but I would like a better understanding so that I know exactly what I should be ordering.

I currently have a strip of 50 12v 2811's and a 12v 30a 360w power supply on order. I was planning on ordering a Sandevices 6804 as well. All of this will be used next year as part of my display so I do not mind spending the money now. Am I heading in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any input.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome2.gif

gerry

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL !

Re the sandevices - depends on what you want to do and your physical layout. There is a post somewhere that included a comparison of the different controllers that we use and , each can support and the configurations etc

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL. glad you have found the resources here to be a great help

As far as if you are heading in the right direction then between the 50 12v 2811's, 12v 30a 360w power supply and a Sandevices 6804 then you will have the hardware to run, power and control the lights. All you will need is the software to sequence and test.