Hello from frigid north pole, Canada

bigDPS

New elf
Well not all the way up but close enough. Been a lurker for some time but I guess it was time to log on as a user.

This is my 6th year doing Christmas lights with controllers. Love seeing what others do. Thanks for reading this. Now go back to your designs and don't mind me.... ;)

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
welcome to ACL bigDPS. Look after the bigman in the Red suit for us all the way up there.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL. I hope you have found the forum to be a great help. We have several Canadian members with a few regulars in the chat room.

The advantage of living so far north is that you get to turn your lights on at 3pm in the afternoon. but it must be getting very cold for you now

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL bigDPS

Glad you decided to say HI.
After 6 years I'm sure you already have CLAP, so your in good company. :D

mick8248

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL, bet it is really starting to feel like christmas with all the cold and snow you will be getting up there in the north, bit different in the land down under 38 c today and 44 c expected tomorrow where I am.

BrianJ

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL, What part of the great white north are you from? There are members here from across the country. Hope to see you in chat sometime.

:)

bigDPS

New elf
I'm on the east coast, New Brunswick. I have made the news again this year. Last year, we raised over 13692.78$ for the Make A Wish foundation.

I've been in the light control since 2007 when I first saw the Mr Christmas box and wasn't impressed. 6 years later, I'm just starting to get the hang of DMX and it is a VERY bumpy ride for me. So far, I've had nothing but problems.

I run Dlight boxes and Aurora. When I had Dlight protocol, I didn't have half the problems I got right now. It's still early but I almost feel like going to the original protocol.

Aside from that, I like this site very much. Have been in touch with Ed more than once and the help is just amazing.