Hello from Georgia

CBG Georgia

New elf
My name is Ross. I am the operations manager of a botanical garden and past lead Horticulturist. We started a Christmas light display this year for the first time. We are going to invest a lot to grow this display over the next three years. We are relatively young garden of 20 years(basically a wedding venue until now). We went from 3 employees to 11 employees in two months. We have 37 acres with about 5 in gardens and the rest in forested hiking trails. We just rapped up a 10 million dollar capital campaign, and we will be adding about 5 million in construction projects such as buildings, gardens, and developed walking trails.

In a previous job I was a hydroponic consultant, and I built greenhouses. I have been in the construction and agricultural fields in one way or another for 20 years. The experience I gained with computer controls and networking while consulting is why I am interested in bringing this technology to our show. We invested about $3,000 in electrical infrastructure this year and are currently installing about $10,000 in our electrical grid for next year. We spent about $14,000 on ac led lights this year and plant to spend around $60,000 to $80,000 this year on a mixture of pixels, ac lights, and other lighting products. That should not be a challenge considering the cost of this all :)

I am looking forward to sharing what I do in the future, and I hope to learn a lot and contribute to this community.

Ross

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Ross
The ACL101 is the place to start learning from.
Got a link to the gardens? I'll never get to see it in person but I forget what green stuff looks like. Not much greenery around this part (and many other parts) of Australia.

CBG Georgia

New elf
Guys my apologies for not getting back sooner.