Hello from Lathrop California

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, glad you joined us. Your display was very impressive and I loved your take on a mega tree and the massive matrix, now that would have been a labour of love. You were able to get the reolution to a level where images where able to be easily put in without the image being distorted due to the reduction in resolution that most matrices suffer.
Anyway feel free to ask or reply to any questions and also jump into the chat room, many friendly similar CLAP infected people can be found there. :D

thebaronn

New elf
Thank you sir!
You are everywhere!!
Funny, the matrix started with only 700 pixels, I am not addicted at all, I can stop whenever I want.....

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Nice work and welcome to ACL.
If I read 1 of your other posts correctly you are running your lights under LOR. How did you do your matrix in visualiser and get all the animations/video into it?

thebaronn

New elf
Originally I was 100% LSP with 4 Sequences: Rudolph Mix, Linus and Lucy, Wizards in Winter and White Christmas.....
Then I tackled my COTB mix and it was huge! (a shade under 100MB in LSP, 700MB in LORS3) The LSP Scheduler hated it and I decided to export everything to LOR (which was a pain). Then I decided to push LSP further (I knew that the seqeuncer could handle whatever I thought of) so I created the New Year's Mix which was gigantic! 4:23 and 190MB! Then when I was converting to LOR I was running out of memory, yikes! So I tweaked the LOR program to use more memory (just like LSP) and was able to finish it.
So, everything was pretty much done with LSP, just used S3 to play it. I don't know what LOR does to their scheduler, but it has been bulletproof for 6 seasons!!
I found out about xlights 1/2 way through exporting, otherwise I would have tried that first.

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Welcome aboard matey! Nice to see you join the ACL. Don't forget these guys are upside down from us.... Great group of guys and they have a sense of humor too.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome31.gif