Hello from Michigan!

dgirard

New elf
OK, now that I've been here a while(this is post 10).. :p I should probably introduce myself!...

HI!...I'm David from Michigan.

I'm fairly new at this stuff...last year was my first year doing an xmas display of any size, and I started with a bunch of renard boards and about 120 channels of "blinky/flashy".

I've been watching what's been going on with RGB for some time now, and drooling...

Now that I've discovered the work that's been going on here, I decided to take the leap this year into RGB.

It's entirely possible all this won't end up in the 2010 show (early planning for 2011?)...but I'm hoping at least some of it does. I've ordered up DMX controllers for my mighty-mini's (new this year), a couple of ECG's, and a bunch of LED strips, RGB tubes, and pixel strips from Ray Wu over in China....

My show will be truly international...with RenardSS boards, LED's from china (direct import), Controllers from Aus, and Coro from the US. whew!

Now I've just got to unlearn Vixen and learn LSP... :-\

Anyway--glad to see all the cool stuff going on here...and glad to be a part of it!

David

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome David to the RGB madness, lots of great info as you have already discovered that will help you on your journey to RGB and if your unsure about anything then just put in a post or pop into the chat, lots of willing helpers out there ready to give advice.