Hello from Mickey's world in Central Florida, USA

Dennis Holliday

New elf
I live in The Villages, FL, which is just North of the "Happiest Place On Earth" (WDW). A few years ago I started decorating using Mr Christmas. It had 6 channels and came with 20 or so preprogrammed lights. All I had to do was plug in the lights and away she went. Two years ago I caught the bug and started running with a computerized show. My display is a mix of Traditional and RGB lights. My plan is to migrate slowly to all RGB over time as my budget allows. Instead of running my show from a computer, (with a lot of cords sticking out the door :0) ), this year I plan to run it using a Falcon Player and Xlights which is totally new for me as I started with LOR. I also plan to add an FM transmitter. What I have found with computerized shows is a steep learning curve and I am still in the early stages. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dennis

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Dennis! The ACL101 manual is a must read. Drop by chat and ask away if you have questions. Someone is usually lurking in there. Lots of helpful people here and tons of information. Best of luck in 2019!

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Dennis :)
Plenty of info to be found in the forums, or jump into chat at any time.

kinglights

Full time elf
Hello to you Dennis,,I took my family to Disney World end of 2017.. We loved it and yes the Happiest place on Earth!! Last Christmas we did a Disney Christmas show inspired by our trip to Disney World.
Anyway, Smart lighting is so much fun and a great challenge, I love to see the end result, when you see kids dancing and families sitting down to enjoy the show..

Mike Mais

New elf
I live in The Villages, FL, which is just North of the "Happiest Place On Earth" (WDW). A few years ago I started decorating using Mr Christmas. It had 6 channels and came with 20 or so preprogrammed lights. All I had to do was plug in the lights and away she went. Two years ago I caught the bug and started running with a computerized show. My display is a mix of Traditional and RGB lights. My plan is to migrate slowly to all RGB over time as my budget allows. Instead of running my show from a computer, (with a lot of cords sticking out the door :0) ), this year I plan to run it using a Falcon Player and Xlights which is totally new for me as I started with LOR. I also plan to add an FM transmitter. What I have found with computerized shows is a steep learning curve and I am still in the early stages. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dennis
Hello Dennis
I to have changed from LOR to xLights about two years ago, First year ran off a computer last year setup a Pi & ran my whole show off it. This year I am planning to run off a master Pi & 3-4 slaves. I live on the south side of Ocala in the area of -75 & 484 if I can be of any help let me know. Also if you would like to see my setup you are more then welcome to come to the house.
Mike