Hello from Missouri

JasonW

New elf
Hello and looking forward to learning from the forum. I am running way behind this as I finally decided to try and build something around Halloween. I know time is short so I decided to focus on some small things like a 5 foot pixel tree which had regular lights on it and not trying to figure out how many pixel to use. I bought 200 so I should be covered.

So far I have my Pi 3 with FPP already running and installed along with my F16v3 controller ready and waiting. I have 4 sets of pixel strips, 1 200qty pixel nodes and some extensions.

So my plan is to use some old stuff I had from last year which is a 3 and 4 foot spiral tree. I took out the old lights and going to use the strips in their place. Then I plan to use the nodes and make a mini tree out of the 5 footer and I am making two small pixel arches. I figure this will get me used to setting everything up and allow me to play a bit with Xlights.

I am still trying to figure out how many pixels to use for the 5 foot tree. Any thoughts would be great, looking forward to learning as much as I can from the site.

Thanks