Hello from Montana, USA

Dennis

New elf
Hello all
I have been doing static lights for about 24 years and move over to animated in the past 2 years (LOR SP3). Started out with just doing the roof line and that was the start of this addictive hoby. Went from C-9 to mini to almost all led and now I am trying to get my head into DMX. I have been reading a lot about the led pixel (dumb and smart) and find it extreamly interesting. Your sight has been mentioned a lot with high regards to your knowledge base.
Hope to learn some new tips and enjoy the joy of lighting the joy that our hobys produce.
Oh yea - been shocked, fell off roof, throwen breakers, found strings that will not light, been up till 2am hanging lights and dream on my nest display still love every moment
Dennis

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to acl Dennis. Glad to see another blinkyhead joining up (especially another using LOR). There's nothing much to dmx. It's just another coms protocol and as far as sequencing and running cabling there's no real difference compared to LOR. There's a much bigger range of boards available for dmx so it opens up lots of possibilities for extra blinking :)

Bird

LOR user
17.gif

to ACL Dennis

In my opinion you have found the best place for RGB on the web.
2 year LOR user in Ohio
Lots of info in the forums and Wiki. If you can't find what your looking for just post a question in the forums or jump in the chat room. Lots of friendly people here that can help.

FYI - no dumb questions here, so ask away.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find lots of great info and help here to help you with your CLAP (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem) So feel free to post questions and/or pop into the chat room.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Dennis. Welcome to ACL. Glad you found us. Please don't hesitate to post any questions you may have.

Dennis

New elf
LOL now that is a good one.......Honey I regret to tell you I have the CLAP........
Can you get shots for the CLAP
or
Do you just wrap a bunch of LEDs around you body and plug them in every hour or so as needed......
Thanks for the Welcomes fellow CLAPers

Slite

Full time elf
Nope, you can't get shots for CLAP.... All you can o is buy lights.... Lots and lots of lights....

Blinky flashy lights.... Must have more lights!!!!! :eek:

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
No known cure for CLAP. Ask some other members who thought they got rid of the CLAP last year just to find that the CLAP comes back harder and stronger if its been in submission. Dont fight it, it will not help.

scottrc4me

New elf
Scott here from Lethbridge Alberta Canada. where in MT are you?
I am also getting into this whole DMX thing.
I just finished my 3rd LOR season using 112 channels this past year. I'm hoping to replace my 700 c9's with dumb rgb strips.
If you aren't too far south, we should try to get together for a coffee?