Hello from Nebraska, USA

mnlfhuere

New elf
Hello, or G'day,
I'm a firefighter/paramedic from Nebraska, USA, who enjoys creating and putting up Christmas light displays in my spare time. I have been into this hobby for 7 years now, and am just starting to research RGB and DMX lighting. I am very impressed with the quality of some of the displays from Australia and hope to one day be able to put something together like them. I presently use LOR and X-10 to control my lights. The majority of my display has been converted to LEDs. I use the easy light linker and a wireless video transmitter/receiver, along with my FM transmitter to get my show outside the house. I look forward to obtaining much valuable information from this forum.
Thank you,
Mark

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
Welcome to ACL,

You are gonna find you have come to the best place on the net to get the knowledge on RGB, smart & dumb strips & strings, controllers & how it all goes together. I am a LOR user but have now added DMX & E1.31 to my stuff.
Ask, ask, ask, & then ask one more time......these down-under guys are so good, they can jump into a trask bin & come out with a complete light show.....lol
hope to see you in chat..

Benslights

Dedicated elf
welcome%20to%20acl.jpg