Hello from Plantation, Florida

MSL

New elf
Hi everyone, my name is Mark.

I am in Plantation, Florida just west of Ft. Lauderdale.

I have been playing with LOR light controllers since 2005. Two neighbors and I get together every Christmas and put on a light display. We started small but at last count run 656 LOR channels, over 256,000 LED lights connected by 10+ miles of extension cord, 3 mega trees and 20 arches. There were close to 100 light, blow-up or static displays on a walkway we make between two of the houses. There is 32 candy canes lining one section of street and driveway of one house, 62 blow molds including a Nativity scene, 15 Nutcracker soldiers, 7 candles, Santa Claus with his reindeer on the roof (including Rudolph), 2 snowmen and Santa and Mrs. Claus welcoming everyone who drives down our street.

Our shows can be seen at: www.26StreetLights.com

I am looking at a DIY solution for adding more controls and lights to our display. I am a member of DIYLightAnimation and now AusChristmasLighting. I am looking forward to learning from this site and expanding our show.

Mark Lentz (MSL)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, we hope we can help you along in your DIY journey, feel free to post questions or come into the chat as there is ussually someone that can help.
Your display with your neighbours looks very impressive, looks like you have a large area to cover, your 2010 shows look great and im sure you and your neighbours were proud of your efforts but as always in this hobby your now looking at topping that with even more impressive features for 2011.