Hello from Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Jailer newbee

New elf
Well good day. I live in Saskatchewan Canada. I have been employed with the provincial gov. as a Corrections worker for 32 yrs. At present am a supervisor.
I have always wanted to do up my house for Christmas like Clark Griswold. LOL but could never afford it at the time. Now I have grandchildren and with so many videos I have seen I thought now is the time to have some fun.
At this point I have programmed approx. 43 mins of sequences with various songs in Xlights. I have a rasberry pi 3 and recently purchased a Falcon F16v3. My setup at this point is fairly basic. I have 3 arches, 4 mini trees ,a 10 ft 16 stand mega tree with a 2ft star and 2 strip lights on our front deck railing. All other lights are led nodes.
I got my pi running with wifi, and F16v3 running both with static ip.
Now the problem.
Cant get the pi and f16 to hookup. watched so many utube videos and read till my eyes went blind LOL and just cant get it. I just wish there was a simple way.
I takes an old fart a while to catch on and am hoping I can my lights working for this Christmas when the grandkids come home. I know I will be needing help.

Sorry for being long winded but thats my story.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL
What is your connection between the Pi and F16? Hopefully it is either a direct cat5 ethernet connection or via a router/switch.
Can you tell us what your F16 and Pi IP's and netmasks are. Potentially also for the router/switch as well.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
G'day Jailer, are you able to send screenshots of the IP/network config pages of both the pi and the f16? Shift + PrtScn on most PC's or take photos of the screen with a phone camera and attach either/or here.
Cheers

Jailer newbee

New elf
G'day Jailer, are you able to send screenshots of the IP/network config pages of both the pi and the f16? Shift + PrtScn on most PC's or take photos of the screen with a phone camera and attach either/or here.
Cheers
Good day. i will attempt to send a few screen shots in a few days. busy working 16hrs a day for a few yet, so still need some sleep. LOL. And thanks for the potential help.
Cheers

Jailer newbee

New elf
Welcome to ACL
What is your connection between the Pi and F16? Hopefully it is either a direct cat5 ethernet connection or via a router/switch.
Can you tell us what your F16 and Pi IP's and netmasks are. Potentially also for the router/switch as well.
My pi will be and is wireless and is hooked up to the F16v3 via ethernet cable. I will send some screen shots in a few days when i have a free moment.
Thanks , Cheers