Hello From Rockhampton, QLD

jules_beck

New elf
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, but this is my first year actually starting to get some pieces together to start my display for Xmas 2022.

It all started a few years ago when I saw that somebody uploaded a video to YouTube and they had a light display sequenced to Metallica. The display had a Santa shredding on the guitar, singing and headbanging snowmen and also an elf smashing the drum set!! ..... And of course a Mega Tree!

I started doing some research and funnily enough, one of my old workmates made his own Mega Tree and game me some info where he purchased everything from etc.

Now, I'm not going to get too crazy with Metallica sequencing just yet hahaha, but I want to start with a Mega Tree, leaping arches some basic props and also a house outline.

I am definitely keeping an eye out for group buys, tips on the best and cheapest RBG sellers (pixels and strip) and also the Forum Member's Trading Area.

This looks like a fantastic community with a wealth of information sharing, so I'm keen to learn as much as I can (and hopefully share some things along the way once I start tinkering).

Let the journey begin!

Cheers,

Julian.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Julian. If you haven't already make sure to read the 101 manual to get up to speed across all the parts of the puzzle that goes into a display.