Hello from South Carolina

Kenny Greer

New elf
Hello there!

I'm Kenny from South Carolina, and I'm glad to be around. I've heard lots of good things about this place for a couple years, and I look forward to hopefully joining in the conversation.

I'm an LOR user since 2004. In 2007 I switched to LED lights in the display. I've also been around on a few of the other forums, but haven't posted much in the past year.

Unfortunately, due to health issues with my mother getting ready to pass shortly from a 7-year fight with breast cancer, I'm not doing a display this year just to keep things calm around the house. But I'm already scheming what'll be happening here next year and/or beyond, and I am helping someone on the other side of town get started in this hobby this year. I'm seriously interested in digging deep into all of this RGB stuff!

Bird

LOR user
Welcome Kenny,

From Cincinnati area here. 2nd year with LOR, 1 controller and added 2 CCR's this year.

The people here are the most helpfull I have found. There are many always in chat. They are 8-10 hours time difference from us. They are heavy into DYI animation using DMX which is compatible (sort of) with LOR.

Hopefully they will help you save $ with your transition into RGB.

Look forward to seeing you in chat.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Kenny.

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine over here and we look forward to feeding your addiction further and gaining Knowledge from your experiences. Post plenty of Questions or pop into chat where there is always someone willing to help.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Im glad that you have heard good things about here and we hope that we can help you in your journey to RGB lighting.
Sorry to hear about your mothers illness, cancer is such a destructive disease and is my charity of choice for donations with my display I wish you and your family the best for this year.

Kenny Greer

New elf
SWood said:
Hi Kenny, what part of SC are you from? I'm from Greenville. Also come over to http://www.christmascarolina.com and check us out too.

I'm over by the ocean in Conway. I'm a member over at ChristmasCarolina, but haven't been active much over the past year there. This year was the first time since it started that I missed the Carolina Convention.

ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Welcome to ACL, Im glad that you have heard good things about here and we hope that we can help you in your journey to RGB lighting.
Sorry to hear about your mothers illness, cancer is such a destructive disease and is my charity of choice for donations with my display I wish you and your family the best for this year.

Thanks for making this your charity of choice. I'll be doing so in some way next year myself. It's a terrible disease, and causes so much suffering, especially in the end.