Hello from Spring, Texas!

jmjordan

New elf
Hello from Spring, Texas! I apologize as my introduction is long overdue, as I have already read and learned a ton from this wonderful community.

I primarily decorate for Christmas, and have had static light displays for several years, and then started animating with a Gemmy unit, while gradually converting over to LED's.

2011 was my first year computerized. After attending my first LSH Academy, I jumped in with 5 LOR controllers, and then added some RGB with a CCR for arches at the last minute.

For 2012, I've jumped in the deep end (overboard according to my wife) and am working on adding more LOR channels, a few hundred RGB channels, DMX controllers, DC power supplies, coro elements, and pixels. I've even recently decided to try a J1sys E1.31 pixel controller and some 2811 components, based on information shared here!

And speaking of information shared here…I'd like to express my appreciation and gratitude for the wealth of knowledge and technical expertise that is shared here, but more so the friendly and great general attitude from the members, that not all lighting related forums are lucky enough to have. ;)

-Mark Jordan

johnson8ryley

My idol is ɟɐsʇǝppʎ
Hello from Lincoln, Nebraska!

This is our 5th year with LOR. We started with one 16 channel LOR controller and have grown to 64 channels.

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. This is my first year with RGB and am a bit nervous about hooking everything up but we've decided to go with E1.31. I was originally going to go with a DMX setup but it was very complicated and I received tremendous help from other users around the forum.

We're starting off small and working our way up in terms of RGB. We're replacing our 3 arches with 2811 strips and plan on adding RGB floods next year.

After receiving so much help on here, I hope to in the future give back my knowledge to this great community and hope you can as well!

Good luck with the show :D

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome47.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, glad you have found the forum to be a help to you. Dont worry most of us on here share the same thing, our partners think we are all obsessed but it really is a disease called CLAP Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem. So just tell her she has to live with your disease :D

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Mark

As you have noticed people here are very friendly
You have also found some of all the great info in the forums and Wiki

Hope your 2012 turns out great

and
Welcome.gif

to you also Freebird :)

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Welcome to ACL Mark, I am sure you find this Forum most helpful and the Chat room is great for getting answers fast.

I too have used LOR for the last two years with just over 100 channels last year and I have decided to take a larger leap into more control of my display this year with RGB smart and dumb strips. I also have been experimenting with the 2811 strips and 2 ECG-P12R's.

But I have jumped over to the Dark side and I am using LSP this year.

Good Luck with your endeavors into RGB and pixels. ;)