Hello from Sunny Arizona USA

AZDan

New elf
Hi all from the warm state of Arizona in the middle of the Sonoran Desert in the US.

I was told by many that this was the place to get edumacated about working RGB dumb and smart strips into my display. The wife and I look forward to this time every year and we want to do more with less if we can.

A little about our display. We are in a semi rural area. We have a 35 foot Mega Tree that we have hung 22,400 lights on this year. 32 strands of red/green/white from the 35 foot mark and 8 strands of blue/pink/yellow/purple at the 20 foot point. We have 12 - 18 foot tall by 16' wide arches over the entrance of the driveway. We created 9 segments for each of the driveway arches to allow us to leap lights over the driveway. We have 5 poles that are 10 foot high with 5 segments each. This year we have 12 leaping arches with 5 segments each and 4 Marty fans with 5 colors each. One 12 foot spiral tree and 9 4.5 foot trees with 3 colors each. All music is transmitted by EDM on FM for all to enjoy. This year we have 23 Light-O-Rama controllers working the magic for us.

A total of around 80,000 lights at the moment with more added every time I go to the store and fail to get past the Christmas lights without a few boxes falling into my cart by accident. :D

Last years display went well but like everyone here you just can't ever have enough.
Here is a link to 4 of last years songs, sorry for the poor quality. Another goal is to figure out how to improve the quality of the videos I take. :eek: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcAwQVAtX-9_iIPi4LGMkhQ

Hello again from across the pond!
Dan

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome41.png

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Really love those leaping arches across the driveway. My driveway is a bit wider and longer than that but your vid may inspire me to go from the 1 arch I have planned for this year to a few more.

Nice work and welcome to ACL.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! (even though I live just outside of Payson AZ) You have found the right place to get some answers and just talk lighting. Stop by chat and say hi sometime.
John

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome to ACL!

I am sure you will find lots of info and help here to get you educmacated!

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Welcome to ACL. Be warned that from here on now your dependency on blinking lights will just get worse :D

AZDan

New elf
Thanks for the welcome everyone. :D

JCMarksafb, we do lots of runs to the rim. Long Valley café is a favorite for our biscuits and gravy craving. :eek: I will PM you the next trip up.