Hello from *sunny* Buffalo, NY!

Shellywww5

New elf
This will be my first year with pixels. This past year, I used traditional LED lights for my display, using Xlights/Raspberry pi to control/sequence them. 20201206_155329.jpg

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Welcome! Good luck with your journey and don't be afraid to post up any questions you may run into along the way.
Also, don't forget to share what you get up to with your display

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
What are those Legrand boxes? Are they some sort of 4 way power distribution box that have been repurposed to allow control over 4 channels of mains voltage?

BRW

New Elf
That item (Legrand Pass and Seymour WIUC20-CL) is a outdoors cover in use for a "fourplex" box. Inside are two duplex 120VAC 15A outlets. I had not seen those covers previously, they are interesting looking. Those outlets are connected to the power relay board inside the large box. The large box also seems to house a pi and a radio along with their associated power supplies..

This physical config is probably more interesting to us in the US than the rest of you. In most places we're allowed to perform our own mains work. In some cases (panel replacement, large amount of work) we're required to pull a permit (city or county) and have the work inspected by a code officer. In this case he's using an extension cord to power the entire package so it's seen as a temporary install - so he is allowed to do his own "mains" work.

Cover - https://www.amazon.com/Pass-Seymour-WIUC20-CL-While-Weatherproof/dp/B008SDD9VI