hello from sydney south

thesmales

New elf
Hi everyone

So I know everyone has explained this probably a thousand times and it is explained very well through wiki and other forum questions but I am what they call in the mining world " one of them dumb fitters " so it goes over my head a little bit haha

I have been running the frustrating big w lighting spectacular for a couple of years now and have moved into a street this year that is fairly competitive.

[/size]Could anyone please list a:
[/size]basic board
[/size]strip lights
[/size]how to power it
[/size]and how to connect it to a computer
[/size]and where to get it? I have been on the ray wu and hanson electronics are they the best?
[/size]any help would be greatly appreciated

[/size]thanks
[/size]James

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome50.png

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you can start with the ACL 101 manual which goes through different options and such
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=1889.0

But at this time of the year to take on a DIY project then you may be struggling especially if you are starting fresh as there is a bit to know and learn and if you are 'one of those dumb fitters' (im an industrial electrician so i understand the pun ;) ) then it will be difficult in the time frame you have, many here have been working at this for months, if not longer. So if you are very keen then expect to throw a lot of time into it and you could get something up and running before Christmas or else plan big for next year.

But there are also high quality plug and play options available like the lights I import, which would get you the colour sweeps and changes with less effort but this is not DIY, so the cost is different.

What part of Sydney South are you located, I was a shire boy but now live south in Albion Park

Good luck

thesmales

New elf
thank you fasteddy I knew I have seen that 101 manual before I will have to print it out..

No this year is out it will be a plan for next year.

I'm in wilton

thanks everyone for your help I will see how i go