Hello from Thagoona, Ipswich

army72

New elf
Hi to everyone. I have been following posts on this site for quite a while and I have only now finally gotten around to registering. I should have done it ages ago. I have been doing static displays for 8 years but for this year I am thinking of buying a couple of LOR dc boards. Is it strange that I am already planning and looking forward to Xmas 2012?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Army72. Welcome to ACL.

Looks like your just around the corner from me.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome9.gif

army72

New elf
Thanks guys. I have well and truly caught the bug. I am just glad that there are others out there. :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
army72 said:
Thanks guys. I have well and truly caught the bug. I am just glad that there are others out there. :)

We call the bug CLAP (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem) and we all suffer from it here. Anyway welcome to ACL, im sure we can help you get a great display going for 2012. feel free to say hello to some of the more infected that hang out in the chat room

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Hi army72,

Welcome to the ACL this is a great place to ask any questions you have along the way. If you need any extra help there are a few of us around your area just yell out.
Good Luck for your 2012 display.

dropbear_luke

Full time elf
Welcome,
Its never too early to think about chrisrmas. Some of us are already thinking of christmas 2013 too. so dont feel in anyway weird. Cogratulatiins in catching the CLAP

Bird

LOR user
17.gif

to ACL Army72

army72 said:
~for this year I am thinking of buying a couple of LOR dc boards. Is it strange that I am already planning and looking forward to Xmas 2012?
That's not strange in these forums or chat room. If your looking to grow your animation slowly like me or go big like many others here, all the help you need is available. Just ask.

army72 said:
I have well and truly caught the bug. I am just glad that there are others out there. :)
It's a fun bug too. There is no known cure for it. I think that's because none of us want a cure. :)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome Army72. The more the merrier on this site!

I've got a similar background to yourself, static display for about 7 years. I found this site a week or so before Christmas 2011 and already I have caught the CLAP big time, having researched, chatted and purchased gear to go from wow to WOW in 2012!

Cheers, Graham

joekin

Apprentice elf
not another one in or around Ipswich to compete with. lol. i thought the one at flinders view was bad enough. lol great to see more people around here getting involved with computerised lighting.