Hello from the pilbara

pilbralights

Infected with CLAP
Hey Guys,

Thought it was about time I became active on here. I did my first show last year with a few dramas (maybe a first year thing I hope). I burnt out 2 X LOR RS 485 adaptors and think it may be current flow getting back through the adaptor, 1 lasted about 2 weeks while the other one only a few days. All the control boards are DC each with its own Switch mode PSU 240V>24DC. I have a few questions: does the RS 485 have a ground reference??? then if so does the rs 485 at the control boards go the -VDC on the board??? do all - VDC have to be joined together to form a common??? and then does that common need a reference to earth??? should I install a isolated usb from the computer to the adaptor effectively isolated it from the PC's earth??? Sorry to fire all these questions around the place, any info would be great.

I decided to go with LOR because of the easy plug and play nature. 2015 saw 72 channels with 24 of them being RGB,

This year I've now ventured out a bit more and got some RGB dumb floods and added more channels, talking faces, leapers etc.

I must say this xmas light business is quite addictive to say the least, I have CLAP for sure haha

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Welcome. Run away, run away fast. This place will only cause you to enjoy Christmas Lighting even more, spend money you really cant afford to brighten up Christmas for people you really don't know

dale82

Senior elf
Lith you just made my day mate, I cant stop laughing at your comment as its so true, I cant wait to get back into the swing of things with the CLAP. lol

B_P_J

Full time elf
Hey Pilbaralights
Welcome to ACL where your CLAP problem will grow faster than you can blink an eye,
Sorry I cant help you with your LOR question as that's not my field, but there will be some people on here that can help,
Good luck with it all and hope one day to meet in chat
Brad