Hello from Tracy, California

elvatrdude

One can never have too many hobbies.....
After buying my first 5 strings of GE Color Effects.......quickly discovered the necessity to sync the light patterns, as well as the deficiencies of the stock controllers. What a can of worms that has turned out to be. I can only compare it to eating potato chips. You start with one.........:)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
elvatrdude said:
After buying my first 5 strings of GE Color Effects.......quickly discovered the necessity to sync the light patterns, as well as the deficiencies of the stock controllers. What a can of worms that has turned out to be. I can only compare it to eating potato chips. You start with one.........:)
Looks like you have caught the CLAP.......... Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem :D

Welcome to ACL, you are amongst other CLAP afflicted members here so you should just fit in well.

Anyway welcome to ACL we hope we can help you learn what you need to know.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

A good place to start is the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual. It's a great resource.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in chat or the forums. Many friendly folks here will be glad to help your new addiction. :)

elvatrdude

One can never have too many hobbies.....
Thank you, one and all. I have already read the ACL 101 Manual.......wealth of information. Answered most of my questions and pointed me in the right direction. Time to get busy with putting it all together. Look forward to chatting with you guys in the future. Thanks again./

MacThomas76

Animated Shows since 2012
WELCOME TO ACL!! Can of worms...that about sums it up. Last year was my 1st year animated (9500 lights, 64 channels) and now i'm upgrading this year to 40,000 and 368 channels. It really is an addiction. I started building stuff for my display this year in January. It's alot of fun, and you are amongst friends here!

-Thomas
Richmond, VA, USA