Hello from Virginia!

jhamm1016

New elf
Hey guys!

My nam is Jon. I live in the Hampton Roads are of Virginia. I am a cyber security engineer and part-time Air Force Reservist who has always been interested in synchronizing lights with music for my house. This was the first year I am attempting, and I dove right in with huge aspirations thinking I might have bit off more than I could chew. Luckily, I was surprised how much my IT experience has applied as well as past experience doing avionics on the F-22 Raptor. Everything makes perfect sense!

Compared to the large scale most of you are doing, I am starting small. I have most of my sections on individual channels for easier comprehension and will definitely nest sections as I acquire more lights. I currently am running a HinksPix Pro 16 channel controller. I have four 5meter silicone RGB strips that are outlining my house with 300 lights each, 2 100 pixel strand runs (one around bush, other aroung garage) and four candy canes I bought from HolidayCoro that I configured with 100 pixel strands on each. I already have my shows built in X-lights with the help of the shared drive. Not enough time to create my own, but I modified enough to have learned a lot/put a little bit of my own touch on things! I look forward to seeing what you guys post this year. Cheers!

Decker0861

New elf
Super awesome to find you so fast! I'm in the Hampton Roads area as well and assuming on the same side of the water. I'm brand new to this whole thing. I'm looking to start buying after Christmas for a show next year.