Hello from Washington, DC

eurbani

Lights at Lowes Island
Hello,

My name is Ed. I live in Sterling, VA (just outside of Washington, DC).

I will be 49 years old this Christmas. I have been a Christmas light fanatic from about when I was 13 years old. I would save up my paper route money and decorate my parent's home. Even when I was in the Army and college, I would come home to decorate my parent's home.

In about 2004, I started controlling my lights with x-10. I made my first bundles of red, green and blue incandescent mini-lights and the whole house would change from red to green to blue and combinations of those.

In 2008, a friend of mine sent me a video of someone with a light-o-rama display. It was too close to Christmas to do it that year. Unfortunately, my spouse was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer a few month later and I didn't have the energy for a decent Christmas display in 2009 and 2010.

In 2011(my first Christmas as a single parent of two active boys), I was able to get my whole display up and I was ready to take it to the next level. I did a test 32 channel display for Easter. For Halloween, I did a 25 channel display with a huge talking RGB face and two RGB spots. 2012 was also my first LOR Christmas. I had 184 channels and 2 RGB spots.

This year (2013), I will have about 280 channels, 2 RGB spots and RGB humps (mini-arches) and a huge RGB 3D star. (Well, that is the plan.)

Thanks for letting me join your forum.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! Sounds like you have a very nice display. Stop by chat and say hi and meet some of the most diverse and interesting people ever. We all love lights.
John

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome39.png

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Ed

Lots of very friendly people here, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There is no such thing as dumb or silly questions here, but there are many great ideas here. :)

Be warned;
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem
However, sounds like you already have CLAP