Hello From Western Sydney

SDC

New elf
Hi All,

Just starting out in the world of controlled lighting and I'm looking for a place to start (want to get a good head start for 12/2014). At this point, I have a static display (mostly Big W lights) with a few items from the various Christmas shops around the area. The current display consists of about 4000 lights and a Rave Laser Light (DMX controllable).

I've been looking around at various set-ups and LOR seems to be a popular choice and DC being the choice a lot of users are moving to. Given that I haven't purchased any hardware or software, as yet, I would love to get some ideas on the best and most efficient configuration.

Have just downloaded the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual and will be giving it a good read over the next few days.

I'm looking to start with 16 or 32 channels and I'm keen to get started soon. From what I've been reading, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need the full year to get a show up and running.

Anyhow, just a quick HELLO to all, looking forward to getting this off the ground.

Happy New Year to all on ACL

SDC

Benslights

Dedicated elf
hi SDC welcome to acl please drop into chat before you buy anything and maybe we can all save you some money and heart troubles from finding out later

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
There are plenty of us in NSW that are willing to help you in your blinky quest, and some are really helpful (Like Yagoona - he's a nice guy). The chat can be a really handy option for help, as it allows you to get immediate feedback for your questions.

SDC

New elf
Hey,
Thanks for that. Will be sure to drop into chat soon to get a shopping list started.
Chat soon,
SDC

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome59.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, looks like your finding the info you need, You are correct, its a all year hobby for many of us, but you will find there a nice bunch of people

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
slips Lithgow a $50
Must have left that $50 at your place when I was there for, um, 6 hours yesterday :D

Where else would you find people who will drive hours to see other peoples displays, say hello for an hour or so then head back home? I visited a few last year, and many came up to see my humble display last year and again this year. Heck some people even video it for you too! (Yours is almost done YL)

Also consider coming to the Mini where we try to help each other with ideas, information, tips and more over 2 days in May/June each year