Hello fromTumut

Bryan H

Bryan
I have been doing xmas light displays since 1991 and this is my 3rd year of using computer controllers. I mainly use LOR controllers and software but am expanding into DMX this year...

Looking forward to reading a lot about DMX etc and getting direction/advice..

Regards

Bryan

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find all the help and advice you need to make the transition

Try starting with the ACL101 lighting manual as this is a good reference to help you understand the fundamentals
https://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.0.html

battle79

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL,

Sounds like you've discovered the world of controllers that are cheaper than LOR ones.
It means you'll have more lights, not that you'll save any money. Lol

Pixels are not as scary as many new people think and can be used as a only slightly more expensive option than Basic (*Dumb) RGB lights, if that's your thing.

Regards,
Rowan

Bryan H

Bryan
Yes, I have moved into the world of pixels and have about 2600 at the moment.. At the moment I am in designing the layout and then building the items. I started small last year with only 3 LOR pixey controllers with a total of 48 channels. This year I am hoping to triple that with DMX...

I am looking at the falcon 16v3. Their website says you can purchase it from here somewhere.. When I manage to hide enough funds from the wife, I will look at getting it.

Boof63

Senior elf
Welcome great info and great people on here to help you out,
Look at Advatek lighting , Australian company with quality products (use them my self) and have worked very well
Cheers and enjoy the fun
Boof63 :D